Everyday over 1,000 families are destroyed by deportation. While we continue our fight for justice, dignity and human rights for all, we know that even more must be done to protect, defend, serve and lift up the voices of affect families and immigrant communities.
Please join the Arizona Detention Working Group on Saturday January 21st for Deportation 101: Defending Our Communities. This is a 1-day training in collaboration with Detention Watch Network, Families for Freedom, Immigrant Defense Project, and the National Immigration Project.
Your presence at this free 1-day training is important! Registration is required. Please register today at http://bit.ly/Deportation101-Jan21
Carpools from Tucson are being organized. And some support for gas money is available. So start making plans to come.
We’ll do the following:
- Learn the basics of deportation
- Take a closer look at the criminal justice system
- Get tips for understanding the criminal and immigration system
- Discover how to navigate the detention and deportation system
- Gain knowledge to fight deportation in Arizona and across the nation
- Role play and review case studies
We hope you can join us! Deportation 101 is a unique and effective training that only happens once a year in the US – and we’re grateful that Arizona was chosen.
Space is limited, so please register here: http://bit.ly/Deportation101-Jan21
For more information call 602-252-1283.